Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Elau Max4 controller

2011-08-24
2017-04-20
  • alielectrical - 2011-08-24

Dear Friends,

I would like to log on to Elau Max4 with codesys software.
    How to select the Elau Max4 controller?
    Also I would like to create a program to control one servo motor with MC-4 controller, just to move forward and reverse through a Fwd/Reverse switch to test the MC-4 controller functionality after receiving it from repairs. Any suggestions.
    Thanks

• alielectrical - 2011-08-24

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I got the Elau EPAS-4 V22.

Now, you have to help me program an ELAU Max4 with MC4 control a servo motor for simple forward/reverse function with a FWD/REV switch, to test the MC-4 controller functionality after receiving it from repairs.

Most of the times we send MC4 controllers for repairs and the contractor returns it with note that the MC4 was faultless. So to test the MC4 we need this simple program to test, before sending it for repairs.

I have fundamental knowledge of EPAS4, but how to configure it, that I do not know.

Any suggestions.

Thanking you in anticipation.

• singleton - 2011-08-25

Hi,
    here is a short introduction to make your drive move...

Max4.pdf [201.63 KiB]

• alielectrical - 2011-08-25

Dear Singleton,
    Thank you very much for the file. I will try and post result.
    Regards.

• alielectrical - 2011-08-27

Dear Singleton,
    I created the program as you suggested. But there is no motion of servo motor.
    Maybe I am missing some point.
    My Max4 does not show any error, but MC4 shows power error blinking. steady rate on and off.
    I have attached my program as well as the diagnostic file. See if you can help me.
    Sercos topology shows only Max4, no MC4. In diagnostic it shows virtual MC4. What am I missing?
    [This I corrected in my later program, I had not corrected RealAddress from 100 to 1. (100 is Virtual address)]

Also I am not sure when you say that " After reboot log in again ............. and the value of AxisState has to be 3"
    I did not understand fully, as to what has to be 3, (pls excuse my ignorance, but that is the fact.)
    Note: my Max4 is old version and does not have internet port, I am using serial port.

Test2.zip [81.31 KiB]

• singleton - 2011-08-29

Hi,
    your program seems to be ok.

• Did you check the realtime busasdress settings at the mc-4? It should be 0 for S1 and 1 for S2 if your settings in EPAS is 1.
    • Did You connect both sercos cable from the MAX to the MC-4 and they are in the right order?
    • Have a look ath the online help in EPAS and look for AxisState. There is an explanation what it means.

• alielectrical - 2011-08-30

Dear Singleton,
    Thank you for your reply, it is encouraging that atleast my program is ok.
    Now I am attaching some screenshots for explanation.

On second thought, it clicked me while drafting this letter, should I force "ControllerEnable" true first before I force
    "ControllerEnableSet" true?

P.S. Please bear with me for silly questions, as I am trying to learn basic before I go for a course, to make full use of the training.

ElauTest2E.pdf [233.96 KiB]

ElauTest2D.pdf [233.84 KiB]

ElauTest2B.pdf [345.3 KiB]

ElauTest2A.pdf [338.86 KiB]

• singleton - 2011-08-30

Hi again!
    These screenshots say more than thousand words

Bist first some quoting...

alielectrical hat geschrieben:
    On second thought, it clicked me while drafting this letter, should I force "ControllerEnable" true first before I force
    "ControllerEnableSet" true?

"ControllerEnableSet" ist the request to enable the drive. "ControllerEnable" is just the feedback that "ControllerEnableSet" is true, there is no active error and the sercos is in phase four. You just have to force "ControllerEnableSet"

alielectrical hat geschrieben:
    P.S. Please bear with me for silly questions, as I am trying to learn basic before I go for a course, to make full use of the training.

Believe me, you will learn all the basics in a course.

But now to your problem:
    Something is wrong with you encoder. You have an active DiagCode "1117". That means the error has diagnosisclass 1 and the error is 117 (search for 117 in the index of the help).

Possible reasons are:
    â–·Wiring error: Encoder cable is not correct.
    â–¶ Check the wiring.
    â–·Hardware error: Encoder is defective.
    â–¶ Change out the motor or the encoder.

You have wether a defective encoder or cable. Try to substitute them. You don not have to configure the encoder.

Before you can't solve thar problem. You won't get "ControllerEnable" to true and just not to move the axis. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

• mfrr - 2017-04-20

Hello together:
    Your chat was very very helpful to me! Thank you so much! I know it´s been many years since than... I could activate my drive MAX4 / MC4 thank you, with one motor but the motor starts to jump when I just enable ControllerEnableSet. I don´t even get to YOffsetEnable. It could be because of a wrong motor alignment (off set) but the motor comes from a working mashine. Is there a fuction to do the auto alignment o auto-offset in the MC-4?
    Anyone has an idea?

How can I do the autotuning or offset? Schneider Electric told me that there is a command but didn´t say what it is.
    Than I tried to run a servmotor SH what not works. The drive don´t recocnise the Eprom of the motor. Doas that could be of the firmwareversion of my drive V00.12.00?

Matthias