Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

IO Module - CFG file

Granus
2006-07-31
2006-08-03
  • Granus - 2006-07-31

Hello,

we ported your RTS to another Operating system.

My part was/is about the IO modules.

With Profibus, everything went fine, as the GSD files were available from the manufacturers (HMS, Siemens).

Afterwards, i wrote a module for GPIO (General Purpose IO), whose job it is to show an output-value (binary) using some LEDs.

The module is loaded fine by the RTS and even the Start-/DoneWriteOutputs functions are called.

However, i think i must write a cfg file, which describes the device, and load it into the configurator, to use the module in my PLC program.

Am I right ?

The problem is that i have no idea, how these cfg files look alike.

The available documents do not contain this information and i am in lack of an example.

So here comes the question :

What does an CFG file looks like, which defines a device, which provides 1 Byte of Output Size ?

Thanks,

Granus

• Granus - 2006-08-03

Hi all,

i got it know (the Trial-and-Error-way).

Here is the CFG File i wrote :

; ----- Module -----

[Module.Card]

Id=1234

Class=CARD

Name=MPC5200

AdrEditable=Yes

SymbolicNames=unlocked

Icon=Plcconf.ico

DiagnosisSize=0

Channel1=Section=BYTE_Output,Name=OutCh_0,Adr=%QB3,AdrEditable=Yes,NodeIdEditable=Yes,Comment='Output

Channel 0'

; ----- Channels -----

[Channel.BYTE_Output]

Id=8033

Type=BYTE

AdrType=B

Class=Q

CreateBitChannels=true

; ----- end of file -----

Another thing that made problems was the IO module not returning DR_CAP_FLAG_WANTS_CONFIG on IODrvFctGetDeviceFlags.

That resulted in the fact that output-mappings werent established and the WriteOutputs function wasnt called.

However, its working now

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Granus