Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Max number of POU Exceeded and OSCAT

JayDeeTech
2020-01-24
2020-01-27
  • JayDeeTech - 2020-01-24

Hi,
    If I add the OSCAT Lib to my project and then build, I get an error "Error 3612: Maximum number of POUs (1200) exceeded! compile is aborted."
    The base template from the hardware supplier has quite a few Libraries as standard. If I try to delete some of these I am getting errors about identifiers not defined.

But I would like to use some example from OSCAT;
    So... could I split the file in a text editor like notepad? The file structure looks simple but I cant see an obvious separator between each definition.

Thanks, J.

• sgronchi - 2020-01-24

Zitat:
    CODESYS build gives an error message ”Maximum number of POUs is exceeded! Compile is aborted”
    - In MultiTool Library Manager, unselect unused libraries, for example ISOBUS libraries if you are not using ISOBUS. For more information, see MultiTool manual.
    or
    - In CODESYS IDE, go to to Resources > Target Settings and increase the Maximum number of POUs to be larger than 1200.

• JayDeeTech - 2020-01-24

Thanks, good points and I'm working through them.

By default the hardware software (multitool) forces 20 libraries on, these cannot be deselected and account for 465 POU (of 1200 max).

I have however tried it now with as many as possible de-selected. There is something odd, since now with OSCAT added and build, Codesys crashes every time.

I understand the reasons for libraries and why there are essential items to ensure the basics are covered but even with ISOBUS, J1939 and CANopen all deselected, there still seems to be a lot of unused libs (some associated with the unselected protocols) being pushed across into the template.

I'm sure there is plenty to learn but TBH so far its not the most stable or smooth tool chain i've used, hopefully it will settle down.
    J.

• sgronchi - 2020-01-27

As I said in the previous message:```

In CODESYS IDE, go to to Resources > Target Settings and increase the Maximum number of POUs to be larger than 1200.

```You could set it to 10000, for example.