Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Exporting Array from Codesys to Text or Excel

standeven
2015-10-08
2018-10-10
  • standeven - 2015-10-08

Hi,

I wrote some code which logs numerical data into an array. The problem is getting this data from the array into text, excel, or some other format where I can manipulate and analyze the data.

When I go online with a laptop, I can easily copy one array value and paste it into a text file. Unfortunately, I cannot determine a way to select multiple lines or copy the whole array of values. I can manually type out these values, but with hundreds of values it would take too long. I've tried logging remotely over CAN, but I cannot transmit and record at an acceptable speed. I really need these values logged as fast as the scan cycle will allow.

Any solution that I'm missing? I'm really surprised I can't just copy/paste a list of array values from codesys!

Thanks

• shooter - 2015-10-08

what plc and type is used, what communication can be used

• Anonymous - 2015-10-09

Originally created by: scott_cunningham

If you hardware has a flash drive or hard drive, then you can use the sysfile library for read/write access and just save your data as a csv type file.

If not, you can send the data via communications, like a serial stream, or as an email, etc.

I know you are using v2.3 based on the post folder, but for users using v3.x, they can also use Python scripting can access program variables - but that's only good for online mode.

Respond to shooter's post if you need more detailed information.

• hendrikvdv - 2018-10-10

Hi
    I am a new user of codesys, and i want to do the same thing.
    I have a MOVI-C controller from SEW,
    And I need to get values from codesys to excel.

I could put them in a trace, and then make a csv file from that trace, but there has to be a better way.
    Also, this gives a measerment every cycle, or x cycles, and not when i want to.

my controller has 2 usb ports. I dont know if they can be used to write to.
    I have tried some code that i found here for rasberry PI, to write to csv, but that won't download.

how do i know if my hardware has a flash/hard drive?