Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Launch automatically a python script before download

Anonymous
2017-01-31
2017-02-01
  • Anonymous - 2017-01-31

Originally created by: Massimo.Milluzzo

Hi all,
    I need to launch automatically a python script before download the application in the device. Can I perform this operation when the user click on the 'Login' button?
    I know it is possible to execute a POU via Task Configuration but it seems impossible to run a python script

Thanks,
    Massimo

• mkeller - 2017-01-31

Hi Massimo.

Massimo.Milluzzo hat geschrieben:
    Hi all,
    I need to launch automatically a python script before download the application in the device. Can I perform this operation when the user click on the 'Login' button?

CDS-20898 in our bug tracking but it is not implemented yet. Small parts are already implemented but not the event part you need.

One of the already implemented parts could be a solution to your problem. It was introduced with CODESYS V3.5 SP10 (see CDS-48910) and allows the user to execute python scripts from the toolbar. Search the online help for "Calling Scripts via Toolbar Icons". If you use this possibility, you have to do the login in your python script.

BR
    Martin

• Anonymous - 2017-02-01

Hi Martin,
    Thanks to the reply. I'm already using the button to execute scripts for the toolbar and it is very usefull, my request is connected to the other topic about the GVL variables. I would like to start the script automatically in order to be sure I don't forget it
    Do you have an idea about the release plan?

Thank you again,
    Regards.
    Massimo

• mkeller - 2017-02-01

Hi Massimo.

Massimo.Milluzzo hat geschrieben:
    Do you have an idea about the release plan?

For CDS-20898 there is no release plan.

As usual, you can contact our support to show your interest in this improvement. If you are a customer of an OEM product you should contact their support.

BR
    Martin

• Anonymous - 2017-02-01

Thank you again.
    I cannot access to your link, that's why I asked.
    I will contact the support as suggest.

Best regards.
    Massimo