Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Starting with use of python script from Codesys application

Nicolas233
2017-01-27
2017-01-28
  • Nicolas233 - 2017-01-27

Hi,

I’m using Codesys 3.5 SP5 patch 4.

I’m trying to use a python script to launch device connection and force device variables. I would like to be able to launch this script using the Tools->Scripting->Execute script file menu.

If I understand well, API are defined in ScriptEngine.chm. Where can I find tutorials or simple examples on writing such scripts ?

Thank you

• mkeller - 2017-01-27

Hi Nicolas233.

Nicolas233 hat geschrieben:
    If I understand well, API are defined in ScriptEngine.chm. Where can I find tutorials or simple examples on writing such scripts ?

For now you can search this forum for examples. With the release of CODESYS V3.5 SP10 Patch 1 we will provide an introduction, which contains a collection of examples, for the Scripting.

BR
    Martin

• rickj - 2017-01-28

Thank you Martin, I'll be looking forward to the new tutorials. May I make a simple and humble suggestion that may be useful to everyone.

How about creating a sticky thread containing links to strategic tutorial type threads or other specific tutorial material (Videos, doc, etc). It would perhaps reduce many of the "How do I start" type questions and would direct users to tutorials and examples that are most useful or that demonstrate specific things. It's something that could be developed over time as questions are asked and answered.