Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Intellisense in PTVS (Python Tools for Visual Studio)

axel bauer
2015-11-20
2022-06-15
  • axel bauer - 2015-11-20

Is it possible to get intellisense in PTVS for the Codesys Objects like "projects" ... ?

• Anonymous - 2015-11-20

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi,

Right now, this is not yet possible (except if you create the files yourself).

However, we plan to Implement generating a stub scriptengine.py as part of CDS-23713, which could then be used as a source for intellisense.

• axel bauer - 2015-11-20

Thank you for the fast reply !

• andipandi - 2016-01-27

Thanks, that would be very helpful!

• WousV - 2017-09-26

Hello!

Might I ask if there is any news on this? I can't access the Jira, so I don't know what the status of the mentioned ticket is.

BR

Wouter

• Anonymous - 2017-10-05

Originally created by: Matthias S.

Hello WousV,

Jira ticket is closed - topic is solved.
    Solution is in V3.5 SP10 Patch 1.

Greetings,
    Matthias

• WousV - 2017-11-06

Hello,

I've looked very thoroughly in both V3.5 SP10 Patch1 and V3.5 SP11 Patch 2 and I just can't find what or where this source for Intellisense for PTVS is. Could you please help me?

BR,

Wouter

• schaepper - 2017-12-05

Hello

I would also be interested in this.
    Is it possible to create a (python) project in visual studio, add a scriptengine to the project and use it as every other .NET assembly with intellisense? Or with some other way. The documentation online is just not very helpfull I think, and the link is broken since ages.

Thanks for the informations.

Greetings

• zhou - 2018-05-17

I am also very interested in this topic, is there any new updated information?

• bjh - 2019-08-09

Has anyone located this scriptengine.py stub? It would be of great help

• Krowi - 2019-11-06

Any update on this topic? I've searched for this file everywhere in my install directory and I can't find it. I'm using Codesys 3.5.14.10.

• m.prestel - 2019-11-11

Hello everyone,

attached to the issue mentioned by m.schaber there is a .py file.

Executing this script file will generate a api.json (which should work!)

Best regards,
    Marcel

DumpApi.py [194 Bytes]

• Krowi - 2019-11-12

m.prestel hat geschrieben:
    Hello everyone,
    attached to the issue mentioned by m.schaber there is a .py file.
    Executing this script file will generate a api.json (which should work!)
    Best regards,
    Marcel

Thank you very much! I was able to create the api.json file but I'm kind of stuck now how to continue from this. How can this api give me intellisense in VS?

• Ulvis

Ulvis - 2022-06-15

A beginners guide for setting up auto-complete/intellisense in VS Code (2022) for Codesys 3.5.17.10 Python Scriptlib's "scriptengine" path would be greatly appreciated :-)

• hermsen

hermsen - 2022-06-15

@Ulvis,

Great initiative Ulvis, after you found it out how should be configured you could share it under Forge > Tools > Python Scripts!

We look forward to your contribution!