Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Package creation automation

Anonymous
2015-09-21
2018-11-09
  • Anonymous - 2015-09-21

Originally created by: cgage@opto22.com

Is there a way to automate the creation of .package files using Python in CodeSys? If so, could you give an example and/or point me to documentation about it? Thank you.

• Anonymous - 2015-09-24

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi,

cgage@opto22.com hat geschrieben:
    Is there a way to automate the creation of .package files using Python in CodeSys? If so, could you give an example and/or point me to documentation about it?

Currently, there is no dedicated Scripting API for package creation.

However, the CODESYS packages are just Zip files with a manifest file in XML.

So you could use our Package Designer

Our own buildservers build the packages the same way - they collect the artifacts from the build directories and the source repository (including the mainifest file), and zip it together to create the package. Small adaptions like setting the version number in the manifest are performed by the build scripts during that process.

The Package Designer e support@codesys.com e .

HTH,
    Markus

• Anonymous - 2015-09-24

Originally created by: cgage@opto22.com

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much for the information, it is precisely what I needed to know.

• chenhe - 2018-11-09

M.Schaber hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    Currently, there is no dedicated Scripting API for package creation.
    However, the CODESYS packages are just Zip files with a manifest file in XML.
    So you could use our Package Designer to manually create a "template" package, unzip it, and then use standard XML and Zip APIs in the Script to create the packages.

Hi, I was trying to unzip the package and zip it again. As a result, the package became a .zip file. How can I turn it into a .package file again? I have tried to rename it directly by putting .package instead of .zip. When installing it, error occurred. it said "Invalid package. The manifest could not be found". What is the problem? I want to use the script to include the libraries and device description file.

Best regards
    Chen He