Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

add plug-device via the Python script

Rahied
2015-01-15
2019-02-08
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Rahied - 2015-01-15

Hello,

I would like from a Python script.
    I want to add the plug-device of the EH-IOCA (Hitachi).
    there is someone who knows how to add plug-device via the Python script.

Rahied

• mkeller - 2015-01-19

Hello Rahied.

The following steps are required:
    - Get the slot object, e.g. projectObject.find(...)
    - Plug the device into slot with slotObject.plug(...)

For details about the parameters see the documentation of the ScriptEngine, which you can find in the sub directory "OnlineHelp" of the CODESYS directory.

BR
    Martin

• Rahied - 2015-01-19

Thanks for your adversely word .

Only I 'm not from there at all . I send my script there. Maybe there is someone who got a example . Or can tell me what to do .

thanks You

Create CodeSys Project.py [1.31 KiB]

• Rahied - 2015-01-19

M.Keller hat geschrieben:
    Hello Rahied.
    For details about the parameters see the documentation of the ScriptEngine, which you can find in the sub directory "OnlineHelp" of the CODESYS directory.
    BR
    Martin

• Rahied - 2015-01-19

Rahied hat geschrieben:
    Thanks for your adversely word .
    Only I 'm not from there at all . I send my script there. Maybe there is someone who got a example . Or can tell me what to do .
    thanks You

Hello Rahied.

- Get the slot object, e.g. projectObject.find(...)
    - Plug the device into slot with slotObject.plug(...)

BR
    Martin

• mkeller - 2015-01-19

Hi Rahied.

Please check the ID and the version of the device you want to plug! "51D_00000001_16 Digital Input_16 Digital Input" and "0" could be wrong.

Also check the indentation of the "plug" line in your script because it was wrong when I opened it on my computer.

I added a simple script as an example for you. It plugs all slots with the name "<empty>". The specified device required a module ID.</empty>

BR
    Martin

plug_device.py [329 Bytes]

• Rahied - 2015-01-19

Hi Rahied.
    Please check the ID and the version of the device you want to plug! "51D_00000001_16 Digital Input_16 Digital Input" and "0" could be wrong.
    Also check the indentation of the "plug" line in your script because it was wrong when I opened it on my computer.
    I added a simple script as an example for you. It plugs all slots with the name "<empty>". The specified device required a module ID.
    BR
    Martin</empty>

Tanks M.Keller,

But the next error shows.

IMG: Error.png

• Rahied - 2015-01-19

Hi Rahied.
    I added a simple script as an example for you. It plugs all slots with the name "<empty>". The specified device required a module ID.
    BR
    Martin</empty>

I have a printscreen form the hitachi id code

IMG: hitachi code.png

• mkeller - 2015-01-19

Hi Rahied.

The ID and version are correct.

Since I'm not sure what you want to do, I modified your last script for two different scenarios:
    - Plug all slots with the same device
    - Plug only the first one

Please remove the code of the unused scenario.

BR
    Martin

Create CodeSys Project_modified.py [1.67 KiB]

• Rahied - 2015-01-20

Hi Rahied.
    The ID and version are correct.
    Since I'm not sure what you want to do, I modified your last script for two different scenarios:
    Please remove the code of the unused scenario.
    BR
    Martin

Thanks for your help.
    But it's not working.
    The next error is when a run the script.

I hoop then you can help me

IMG: next error.png

• mkeller - 2015-01-20

Hello

Sorry, I forgot that find() returns a list. Please replace the code with the following:

objects = master.find('EH_IOCA', True) # Recursive search
    assert(objects and len(objects) == 1, "no object or more than one object with the name EH_IOCA")
    subnodes = objects[0].get_children() # Get all children

Is there more than one slave below the master? if yes than you have to find a way to find the correct slave.

BR
    Martin

• Rahied - 2015-01-20

Hello
    Sorry, I forgot that find() returns a list. Please replace the code with the following:

assert(objects and len(objects) == 1, "no object or more than one object with the name EH_IOCA")
    subnodes = objects[0].get_children() # Get all children

Is there more than one slave below the master? if yes than you have to find a way to find the correct slave.
    BR
    Martin

Hello a have put my script en Error code for u.
    It's stil not working

Create CodeSys Project_modified (3).py [1.76 KiB]

• Anonymous - 2015-01-20

Originally created by: M.Schaber

It seems you did mix tabs and spaces in the attached script. The error message actually tells you the location of the problem in the source file.

Python generally interprets tabs according common standards with 8 characters, while your editor seems to use 4 characters of tab with.

Generally, the python community strongly suggests to not mix tabs and spaces in source files:
    PEP 8 -- Style Guide for Python Code

You should use an editor which can display tabs and spaces, so you can see the problem. Here is how it looks in my editor using 4 characters tab with:

And here's how the Python interpreter "sees" it using 8 characters tab with:

IMG: tabs_vs_spaces.png

IMG: tabs_vs_spaces

• Rahied - 2015-01-20

M.Schaber hat geschrieben:
    It seems you did mix tabs and spaces in the attached script. The error message actually tells you the location of the problem in the source file.
    Python generally interprets tabs according common standards with 8 characters, while your editor seems to use 4 characters of tab with.
    Generally, the python community strongly suggests to not mix tabs and spaces in source files:
    You should use an editor which can display tabs and spaces, so you can see the problem. Here is how it looks in my editor using 4 characters tab with:

• Rahied - 2015-01-20

Hello here is my script.

print "Current project."
    proj = projects.primary

PROJECT = r"C:\CoDeSys-Projects\Script-Test.project"

# clean up any open project:
    if projects.primary:
    projects.primary.close()
    print("--- CleanUp finished. ---")

# create a new project
    proj = projects.create(PROJECT)
    print("--- Project created. ---")

# add PLC
    proj.add("CODESYS Control RTE V3",4096,"0000 0002","3.5.5.40")
    print("--- PLC Device Insert. ---")

# Create the IO

for dev in proj.get_children():
    if dev.is_device:
    f = open("C:\Users\RO\Desktop\Import.txt", "r")
    for line in f:
    tok = line.split(' ')
    if "(Master)" in tok[1]:
    dev.add(tok[0], DeviceID(64, "0000 0001", "3.5.5.0"))
    subnodes = dev.get_children()
    master = subnodes[len(subnodes) - 1]
    elif "(Slave)" in tok[1]:
    master.add(tok[0], DeviceID(65, "51D_0201001000000001", "3.5.4.0"))
    elif "(IO)" in tok[1]:
    assert(objects and len(objects) == 1, "no object or more than one object with the name EH_IOCA") # Stil have the Error
    subnodes = objects[0].get_children(True) # Get all children

# Scenario 1: Plug all
        # i = 1
        # for node in subnodes:
               # name = "%s %d" % (tok[0], i) # Create name with index
               # node.plug(name, 68, "51D_00000001_16 Digital Input_16 Digital Input","0")
           # i += 1

# Scenario 2: Plug only the first one
        if len(subnodes) > 0:
               subnodes[0].plug(tok[0], 68, "51D_00000001_16 Digital Input_16 Digital Input","0")

# Save project
    proj.save()

# Script finished
    print("--- Script finished. ---")

Related

Talk.ru: 1

• Rahied - 2015-01-20

attachment my scritpt

Create CodeSys Project_modified (4).py [1.68 KiB]

• Rahied - 2015-01-20

Stil the same probleem

• mkeller - 2015-01-20

Hi.

What error do you get when you execute your script? Is it the text of the assertion or something else?

BR
    Martin

• Rahied - 2015-01-20

Hi.
    What error do you get when you execute your script? Is it the text of the assertion or something else?
    BR
    Martin

• mkeller - 2015-01-20

Hi.

The indentation of your script is still wrong. The indentation is important in python. Look at the screenshots.

I modified your script to have the correct indentation and attached it. Please use a proper editor from now on.

BR
    Martin

IMG: correct indentation.png

IMG: wrong_indentation.png

Create CodeSys Project_7.py [1.85 KiB]

• Rahied - 2015-01-20

Hi.
    The indentation of your script is still wrong. The indentation is important in python. Look at the screenshots.
    I modified your script to have the correct indentation and attached it. Please use a proper editor from now on.
    BR
    Martin

Its stil not working
    Thanks voor you time

• TimvH

TimvH - 2015-01-20

Hi Rahied,

The Device is an EH_IOCA (with underscore).
    The name of the plugged devices cannot have a space. You should use e.g. "%s_%d" as device name to make them unique.
    Your import file (.txt) should have no empty lines at the end.

Attached an example import file and script for plugging the modules in the Hitachi EH-IOCA EtherCAT slave.

Maybe not perfect or complete, but for me this works.

Import.txt [62 Bytes]

Create CodeSys Project_8.py [4 KiB]

• etamgul - 2015-09-04

By plugging the device via a script a generated name is given to its structures and accessable variables (e.g. "%QX7.7", similarly when one has only plugs the device) but in GUI, I have the chance to map those addresses to variables.

Is there a way to configure the plugged device configuration and I/O mapping ("xxx Configuration" and "xxx I/O Mapping" tabs)?

I have some ADC/DIO/DAC "pins" configured and would like to map their variables and structures to one of the PRGs stored variables.

• Anonymous - 2015-09-08

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi, etamgul,

A scripting interface for the I/O Mapping is currently scheduled for the upcoming V3.5 SP8 release by the end of the year. (See CDS-37756).

(Please note that the schedule may still change when other, more important issues arise.)

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)