Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Reset origin with python

Teemu
2014-07-30
2014-07-30
  • Teemu - 2014-07-30

Hi!

I'm trying to make a test script which removes the existing application from the PLC by using the Reset Origin function.

In the image, dev is of IScriptDeviceObject type. When this script is executed the following exception is thrown: "Exception: Cannot read beyond the end of the tag", from line 21. What is it that I'm missing?

Thanks!

IMG: Capture.JPG

• Anonymous - 2014-07-30

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi,

I did discuss your issue with our communication experts. This exception seems to be a mismatch between what the runtime sends and what CODESYS expects to receive.

This behaviour is not expected, and in our tests, resetting a device this way works fine.

Could you give us as much information as possible to reproduce or analzye the issue? (e. G. Exact versions and platforms of Runtime and CDS, which things are executed on the runtime before, and maybe a network dump using WireShark or similar tools.)

Also, I think those details might be better handled via our support contact, than in this fourm. (We can still post the resolution here. )