Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Adding library manager to project

2012-04-30
2012-05-02
  • Frank Jepsen - 2012-04-30

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to add a library manager to a project using scripts. I saw M.Schaber's example to find managers:

Find all library managers in the project:
    Code:
    objects = proj.get_children(recursive=True)
    for candidate in objects:
    Β  Β  if candidate.is_libman:Β  Β 
    Β  Β  Β  Β  print(candidate)

I also see the "add_library" in API help, but this methods is for libman objects, so if I have a project without libman I need to create one first. Any tips on how to do this?

Background: I am trying to convert V2.3 libs to V3 using scripts, and after running ```

proj = projects.convert(oldlib, newlib, "{941937BF-9A12-4174-814E-63D1523C94CC}")

``` I need to create Library Manager and add necessary libraries.

Best regards,
    Frank

• Anonymous - 2012-04-30

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi, Frank,

Frank Jepsen hat geschrieben:
    I am wondering if there is a way to add a library manager to a project using scripts.

Currently, there's no direct way, but it is possible to add a library manager using import_native or import_xml. Just manually create one in an empty project and export it using "Project/Export..." or "Project/Export PLCOpenXML...", and then import that file on the application object.

With import_xml, you can also provide the XML inline in the script as a string, without the need for a temporary file.

HTH,
    Markus

• Frank Jepsen - 2012-05-01

Hi Markus,

Thanks. It worked with import_xml function using the exported XML.

I have a little trouble using inline XML; how much of the xml is needed - the complete xml found in exported xml or can I use a shorter syntax? It would be great if you can provide a small example.

Regards,
    Frank

• Anonymous - 2012-05-02

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi, Frank,

Frank Jepsen hat geschrieben:
    Thanks. It worked with import_xml function using the exported XML.
    I have a little trouble using inline XML; how much of the xml is needed - the complete xml found in exported xml or can I use a shorter syntax? It would be great if you can provide a small example.

I'm not an PLCOpenXML expert, so I can't give a definitive answer to that question. Either you use try-and-error to find out which elements can be dropped, or maybe you check the PLCOpenXML Standard.

HTH,
    Markus

• Frank Jepsen - 2012-05-02

Hi Markus,

Ok. Thanks for the answer (and all your other support) anyway. I just went with having the PLCopenXML in a separate file.

Best regards,
    Frank