Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

missing files while creating offline boot application

Thomas233
2019-02-21
2022-02-16
  • Thomas233 - 2019-02-21

Hello,

I want to create the files for a boot application with a script for later software deployment on one or multiple plc.
    I use the function: "app.create_boot_application(path,True,True)"
    So long this works great. I get the application.app, application.crc files and visu files etc.

But when i have ethercat in the project this boot application does not run the ethercat.
    I assume that with the script engine not all files for the boot application are created. Because when i use the UI-button to create the bootapplication i get an additional File:
    ecat_master_0_boot.xml
    and Folders:
    ParameterSets
    PlcParameterSet
    ProfileData
    *SoftPlcParameter

Is there a way to get this with scripts?

(I am using Lenze PLC Designer 3.15 working on Codesys 3.5.9)

Thanks and best regards.

• Thomas233 - 2019-10-14

I think the reason for this behavior is because Lenze modified the command to create a boot app in their IDE GUI, but not in the script engine.

In system.commands i found two commands to create a boot application.
    One seems to be the command called with IScriptApplication2.create_boot_application Method documented in the API. With this i only get the .app and crc. files and not the ecat_master_0_boot.xml.

But the second command is named "Erzeuge Bootapplikation fΓΌr Lenze GerΓ€te" seems to be the euqivalent to the GUI button.
    I called it like this and it works and creates all the files in the output path:
    system.commands['{4913bcdd-6e61-43d9-ac60-e4c8c82ac405}'].execute(path)

Only downsite: I dont know if this supports the other two bool parameters (bool update_compile_info,bool write_visu_files). I tried to call it with (path,True,True) but didn't work.

• oswin - 2022-02-16

Hi, thanks for your solution, it worked perfectly for me.
    How did you get the GUID for the command?