CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 am 

For our controllers with more functionality (more time to compile and generate code) i have sporadic problems with the login function, which returns sometimes with an exception. It seems that there is a timing problem within the function:

Good case:
Skript Meldungen: Information: codesysServerScript.py(464 in download_and_run@443): online_application.login(OnlineChangeOption.Never, True)
Übersetzen: Text: C0: ------ Build started: Application: DeviceUnderTest.Application -------
Übersetzen: Text: C0: The application is up to date
Übersetzen: Text: C0: Kompilierung abgeschlossen -- 0 Fehler, 0 Warnungen
Übersetzen: Text: C0: ------ Build started: Application: DeviceUnderTest.Application -------
Übersetzen: Text: C0: The application is up to date
Übersetzen: Text: C0: generate code...
Übersetzen: Text: C0: generate global initializations ...
Übersetzen: Text: C0: generate code initialization ...
Übersetzen: Text: C0: generate relocations ...
Übersetzen: Information: C0: Size of generated code: 77820 bytes
Übersetzen: Information: C0: Size of global data: 16318 bytes
Übersetzen: Information: C0: Total allocated memory size for code and data: 120272 bytes
Übersetzen: Information: C0: Memory area 0 contains Data, Input, Output, Memory and Nonsafe Data: size: 131072 bytes, highest used address: 42432, largest contiguous memory gap: 88640 bytes (67 %)
Übersetzen: Information: C0: Memory area 1 contains Code: size: 131072 bytes, highest used address: 77840, largest contiguous memory gap: 53232 bytes (40 %)
Übersetzen: Text: C0: Build complete -- 0 errors, 0 warnings : ready for download!

Bad case:
Skript Meldungen: Information: codesysServerScript.py(464 in download_and_run@443): online_application.login(OnlineChangeOption.Never, True)
Übersetzen: Text: C0: typify code ...
Skript Meldungen: Information: codesysServerScript.py(464 in download_and_run@443): Ausnahmefehler (<type 'exceptions.Exception'>, Exception('Einloggen fehlgeschlagen...',), <traceback object at 0x000000000000008E>)

For workaround i run the function 3 or 4 times in a row.

It never happend with the GUI.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 am 
Frequent User
Frequent User

Hi PLKM.

PLKM wrote:
For our controllers with more functionality (more time to compile and generate code) i have sporadic problems with the login function, which returns sometimes with an exception. It seems that there is a timing problem within the function:

Bad case:
Übersetzen: Text: C0: typify code ...
Skript Meldungen: Information: codesysServerScript.py(464 in download_and_run@443): Ausnahmefehler (<type 'exceptions.Exception'>, Exception('Einloggen fehlgeschlagen...',), <traceback object at 0x000000000000008E>)

For workaround i run the function 3 or 4 times in a row.

It never happend with the GUI.

Which version of CODESYS do you use? Is the project just loaded before the login?

Instead of repeating the login you can try to add a delay with system.delay(x) before the login. For the start I would use 5000ms and reduce it step by step if it works.

BR
Martin

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Inspiring Automation Solutions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:05 pm 

I use SP10 Patch 1 and there is no interaction with CODESYS at least 15 seconds before the login method.

I already tried it with System.Delay(x) before the login, but the failure still exists.

If i pregenerate the code with the generate_code() method it seems to be better, but the failure is still available sporadically.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am 
Frequent User
Frequent User

Hi PLKM.

PLKM wrote:
I already tried it with System.Delay(x) before the login, but the failure still exists.

If i pregenerate the code with the generate_code() method it seems to be better, but the failure is still available sporadically.

You can try to use RaiseIdle() in combination with system.delay(). There are a few things in CODESYS which are executed with the Idle event. Call RaiseIdle(EventArgs.Empty) and system.delay(500) a few times before the login.

If that does not help we could have a problem in the noUI mode which we need to investigate.

Code:
import clr
clr.AddReference("System.Windows.Forms")
from System.Windows.Forms import Application
from System import EventArgs

Application.RaiseIdle(EventArgs.Empty)

What is your Use Case for using the noUI mode?

BR
Martin

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Inspiring Automation Solutions

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:21 am 

M.Keller wrote:
Hi PLKM.

PLKM wrote:

You can try to use RaiseIdle() in combination with system.delay(). There are a few things in CODESYS which are executed with the Idle event. Call RaiseIdle(EventArgs.Empty) and system.delay(500) a few times before the login.

If that does not help we could have a problem in the noUI mode which we need to investigate.

Code:
import clr
clr.AddReference("System.Windows.Forms")
from System.Windows.Forms import Application
from System import EventArgs

Application.RaiseIdle(EventArgs.Empty)

What is your Use Case for using the noUI mode?

BR
Martin

The RaiseIdle Method seems to help. I will do some more tests in the next days.

The noUI mode is for automated tests for our controllers, which are running in the background.