Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How to configure OPC-UA server

2018-11-21
2018-12-03
  • garmenmikel - 2018-11-21

Hello!

I want to know if there is any way to configure some parameters on the OPC-UA server. I need to configure the security of the server. First of all, I created the certificates of the server and I set up an encrypted connection with UaExpert following the steps of the page:
    https://help.codesys.com/webapp/_cds_ru ... n=3.5.13.0.

But, when I insert the server endpoint in UaExpert, I see that I can communicate with the server using three types of Security Settings:
    None - None
    Basic256Sha256 - Sign
    Basic256Sha256 - Sign & Encrypt

I got to communicate perfecty with certificates, but I want to appear **only ** there, because I have seen that I can communicate perfectly with the server using the None - None configuration without having to use any type of certificate (and this I don't like it).

Where can I configure this settings? Is there any configuration file in the Codesys program or is it any in the Raspberry?

Thanks!!

IMG: cod1.JPG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-12-03

Hi,
    with 3.5SP14 release (17th December 2018)
    this will be the following setting the CODESYSControl_User.cfg

[CmpOPCUAServer]
    SECURITY.CommunicationMode=SIGNED_AND_ENCRYPTED

BR
    Edwin