Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS OPC DA Server SL configuration for Control Win

OttoB8
2018-05-23
2018-06-05
  • OttoB8 - 2018-05-23

Dear all

I have two questions....

1. Can the CODESYS OPC DA Server SL make connection with a CodeSys SoftPLC (Control Win or a Control RTE SL) ?
    2. In the CODESYS OPC DA Server SL configuration, see picture, according to the manual the "PLC name (recommended) or address" should be set. The manual also refers to this as a node. But how do I find out the name or address of a specific SoftPLC (I run two simultaneously)?

I have tried with various guesses. And tried to connect to the DA server without success. All runs on the same PC. From the picture I would guess the address is 004 or 0301.A026.

Thank you!

IMG: manual_OPCConfig_081206_as.jpg

IMG: manual_workspace_081233_as.jpg

• plcmax - 2018-05-30

Hi,
    for a try I would select Tcp blockdriver and give the Ip address in the opc da configuration
    Think on using OPCUA the modern way of communication - encryption is possible and
    this OPCDA configuration nightmare is gone.
    You get an update on Windows and never know if OPC DA is still working.
    There are so many OPCUA clients available.
    Check if your client have it in.
    Cheers
    plcmax

• OttoB8 - 2018-06-05

Thanks...

It's solved now. For question 1, the answer is YES. Regarding question 2, I edited C:\ProgramData\CodeSys\CodeSysControlWinV3x64\XXXXXX\CodeSysControl.cfg ... there is a setting Node which I assigned a name to. Thus I could configure different names to the virtual PLCs I used. The names I used in "PLC name ord address" - refer to previous pictures.