Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

OPC UA (SERVER) WITH RASPBERRY PI

Anonymous
2016-04-14
2016-10-19
  • Anonymous - 2016-04-14

Originally created by: PR35

hello,

Just a precision about the opc ua. I use codesys 3.5.8 and rapberry pi.
    I test opc ua this day. Just a little program. No global var. Impossible to obtain access to locals variables with opc ua client. The tree of opc ua server -in the client - is small.

The solution requires to check globals variables to obtain the full tree in the opc ua client (UaExpert, OPC UA Dashboard for example ). It's now possible to display variables.

See attachment file for more information

this may be useful to someone ?

opcUA raspCod.pdf [208.43 KiB]

• petergrote - 2016-07-27

Helle PR35,

Great and I have also tested with the KEPServerEX UA Client, Work all great.

I do have a little question, if you have been able to have the Codesys Runtime to sllep for about 10 sec before startup, since the OPC UA Server /port needs do be delays at reboot/startup to have the OPC UA Server Work correct?

Look forward to receive your feedback.

Peter Grote

PR35 hat geschrieben:
    hello,
    Just a precision about the opc ua. I use codesys 3.5.8 and rapberry pi.
    I test opc ua this day. Just a little program. No global var. Impossible to obtain access to locals variables with opc ua client. The tree of opc ua server -in the client - is small.
    The solution requires to to obtain the full tree in the opc ua client (UaExpert, OPC UA Dashboard for example ). It's now possible to display variables.
    See attachment file for more information
    this may be useful to someone ?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-07-28

Hi,
    beside the recommendation of Peter with the 10s delay (this is still needed)
    I would recommend to use Rasperry Pi Package 3.5.9.10 and CODESYS 3.5.9.10 Development System
    There are many bugfixes and improvements according OPCUA.

so a sleep 10 or 20 should be added in
    /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol

BR
    Edwin

IMG: sleep20.jpg

• petergrote - 2016-10-19

Hi Edwin,

This really Work for me, thank you and hope all other using OPC UA will be happy in relation to this note.

Have a great day

BR
    Peter Grote

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    beside the recommendation of Peter with the 10s delay (this is still needed)
    I would recommend to use Rasperry Pi Package 3.5.9.10 and CODESYS 3.5.9.10 Development System
    There are many bugfixes and improvements according OPCUA.
    so a sleep 10 or 20 should be added in
    /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol
    BR
    Edwin