Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

OPC codesys

nborg
2016-01-18
2016-01-20
  • nborg - 2016-01-18

Hi i just started to learn the software and now I want to connect a raspberry to a OPC server. For this i am using the matrikon explorer and the OPC server provided by CODESYS. However i dont know how to start up the server and was wondering if someone have any good step by step instructions or can explain this for me.
    thanksfull for any replies!:D

ps also if you recommend me to use any other server or client any suggestions are most welcome

• TimvH

TimvH - 2016-01-20
    • Add the symbol configuration object to your CODESYS application
    • In the symbol configuration object, select the variables your OPC client should get access to

In the CODESYS OPC Configurator, you need to define a PLC with GATEWAY3 communication, then in the communication settings set the correct communication channel (e.g. name of PLC as is shown in communication dialog of CODESYS).

When you choose the CODESYS OPC DA server in Matrikon, it will automatically start it and you should be able to add the variables from your RaspPi, as selected in the Symbol Configuration, to you Matrikon client OPC group.