Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

OPC server status bad

Thome
2012-11-02
2016-09-21
  • Thome - 2012-11-02

Using CoDeSys version 2.3 I have an issue when using the OPC server. The network consists of 7 plc's but only one of them is used for OPC variables. Consequently I have set up a single-PLC configuration. The communication works fine as long as I am logged in to the "OPC PLC" however closing the CoDeSys application will most of the time make the variables turn to bad in the OPC client. Starting up again and select login to the "OPC PLC" converts the variables to good again.

I have also seen that the OPC Configuration changes automatically to another PLC when using CoDeSys to login to that PLC. How can that be possible? I always want the OPC server to work against the same PLC.

I have seen this behaviour on two different systems.

Best Regards
    Thomas

• Lohkamp - 2016-09-21

We have exactly the same problem using simple polling and the .NET reference library from the OPC foundation. Could you solve it?

This is unstable or even not working - we have to keep another OPC client open that "registeres" for each item.

Our code is working for many years with a lot of other OPC servers without any issue:

string serverURL = "opcda://localhost/CoDeSys.OPC.DA";
    opcServer = new Opc.Da.Server(new OpcCom.Factory(), new Opc.URL(serverURL));
    opcServer.Connect();
    …
    Opc.Da.ItemValueResult[] resultItemArray = new Opc.Da.ItemValueResult[1];
    Opc.Da.Item item = new Opc.Da.Item();
    item.ItemPath = "";
    item.ItemName = itemName;
    item.Active = true;
    item.EnableBuffering = true;
    item.SamplingRate = 200;
    resultItemArray = opcServer.Read(new Item[1] { item });

Related

Talk.ru: 1