Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

symbol files

mbessey
2012-04-04
2012-04-04
  • mbessey - 2012-04-04

Hi,

I'm new to PLC programming. I have a PLC and have created the .ini file. When browsing the codesys opc server with softing OPC i do not get any of the symbol files. Does anyone have any ides on how to solve this?

• TimvH

TimvH - 2012-04-04

Assuming you are using CoDeSys V2.3 you first have to specify which variables you want to make available to the OPC server by going to project, options, symbol configuration.
    Here you should check "dump symbol entries" then select which variables you want the OPC server to have access to. To do this, click on Configure Symbol file, select the object/variables and check the top option: export variables of object.
    Check in the Target Settings (TAB general) if the option "download symbol file" is available. If yes, then I would recommend enabling this option, because then the OPC server can upload this from the PLC.
    Then rebuild your application and go online again.

In the OPC server you need to specify the communication parameters for the controller. Here you can also provide the name of the application (Project name) which you have created.

For more information see the .pdf which you can normally find in:
    C:\Program Files\3S Software\CoDeSysOPC