Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Asynchronous I/O CodeSys-OPC-Server

cardosim
2011-03-25
2011-03-31
  • cardosim - 2011-03-25

I'm trying to establish a communication between a CoDeSys-OPC-Server and one OPC Client (for instance, Matrikon OPC Explorer), both running in the same computer.

Although my PLC configuration is correct (at least, I think so) and I can load all the PLC tags on the client, I'm not able to asynchronous read them. The I/O operations just work when I use Sync mode.
    The same situation occurs when I try to use other clients (like Kepware OPC Client, ...).

Does anybody know why this happen? Does the CodeSys-OPC-Server work just like a Synchronous I/O server?
    And is there any problem to simultaneously run two different CodeSys-OPC-Servers (residing in different computers) connected to the same PLC?

Configuration:
    Windows 7
    CoDeSys V2.3.5
    PLC Moeller XC201
    Matrikon OPC Explorer 5.0

• cardosim - 2011-03-30

Anyone, please?

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2011-03-31

I just heard that this was bug was already known and fixed with the CoDeSys V2.3 OPC Server version 2.3.13.7.

After a registration you can download the latest version from our website under http://www.codesys.com