Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

OPC/ DDE and Excel

dodo1370
2009-06-24
2017-12-08
  • dodo1370 - 2009-06-24

Hello,

I am trying to collect some data directly in Excel2003 from a Codesys based PLC always i am getting the error as "Cannot run CODESYS....."

The string (formula) i am using is the follow:

=CoDeSys|'C:\DCP.pro'!pwd_enter

I used to run similar DDE connection without any problems.

Can anybody advise if i am doing something wrong? Thank you!

• spfeif - 2009-06-26

In Excel 2008 I get the same error unless I start CoDeSys and the application running first before I run excel. Also it seems the full path to your variable looks strange? Shouldn't it at least be .pwd_enter or PLC_PRG.pwd_enter of something like that? It is working for me on Excel 2008 using the following formula

= CoDeSys|'C:\test.pro'!PLC_PRG.sMyData

• sernevi - 2013-03-12

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to wake this old subject again but I have been struggeling with the same thing now for a few days.
    I'm completely new to OPC handeling, so please forgive my ignorance.

I have setup the OPC-server for Codesys 2.3 and got it running with several clients (Matrikon, Softing, SST). However I would like to do a better user interface and datacollecting in Excel.

Several hours of googleing and I'm still not closer to my goal, so I humbly come to you...

I have tried Matrikons Excel Reporter, which put an add-on into Excel. This worked so far as to I was able to write to the items/variables, but not to read.
    And also, this is a licensed software and for my application that's not an option.

I tried what spfeif wrote here, but the formula was not accepted by Excel. The basic formula as I enterpret it is "=(name of installed program?) | 'pathway to my program'!(item search path)
    in my case when i try to access a global variable it should look like =CoDeSys|'C:\test\BL20_OPC.pro'!PLC_PRG.Test_OPC
    These are the errors i get;
    "Remote data not availible, another program has to start to access the data" (or something like it, translated from my native language)
    "do you want to start the program CODESYS.EXE?"
    [Yes][NO] (yes)
    "CODESYS.EXE cannot be run. The program or its components are damaged or missing"

I have tried to change the path to the Codesys.exe (c:\programs.... \codesys.exe) but to no avail.

I'm using Excel 2010 (if that matters) on a Win7 OS computer.

Please let there be someone who knows how to do this....

Thanks, br Christoffer

EDIT:
    I got it working with a VB-script in Excel!

• t.overgaauw - 2013-07-01

since i will start soon with this isue and really dont want to discover the weel again in excel.
    would u be so kind to shre the vb snippet it would help a lot when i start

• devilstang - 2016-12-07

I'm running windows 7 with v2.3 and had the same problems. I still can't pull in variables from the DDE Server but I got it to work through Codesys. I took PLC_PRG off of my variable and it started working. =CoDeSys|'N:\Machine List, Standards & Controls\Paint Line\PLC\CoDeSys\Programs\Powder Line Test\Powder Line TestV2.pro'!Variable. See if this works for you guys. I would like to get this working through the DDE Server but I haven't had any luck so far. Just make sure you are logged in to your program through CoDeSys.

• Mangesh - 2017-12-07

Dear All,

I need to make read /write in excel sheet from my plc which has codesys platform. I understood from posts that I need to write VB script in excel sheet for read and write ; and use formula in excel sheet .Can I anyone tell me : 1) what is use of codesys DDE SERVER here??Do we need to configure DDE server also?? If yes then how??

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-12-08

Hi,
    wich CODESYS Version and which plc are you using?
    There is an OPCUA posibility if this is supported by your plc.

BR
    Edwin