CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: OPC/ DDE and Excel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 pm 

Hello,

I am trying to collect some data directly in Excel2003 from a Codesys based PLC always i am getting the error as "Cannot run CODESYS....."
The string (formula) i am using is the follow:

=CoDeSys|'C:\DCP.pro'!pwd_enter

I used to run similar DDE connection without any problems.

Can anybody advise if i am doing something wrong? Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:25 pm 
Frequent User
Frequent User

In Excel 2008 I get the same error unless I start CoDeSys and the application running first before I run excel. Also it seems the full path to your variable looks strange? Shouldn't it at least be .pwd_enter or PLC_PRG.pwd_enter of something like that? It is working for me on Excel 2008 using the following formula

= CoDeSys|'C:\test.pro'!PLC_PRG.sMyData

Post subject: Re: OPC/ DDE and Excel
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 am 

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to wake this old subject again but I have been struggeling with the same thing now for a few days.
I'm completely new to OPC handeling, so please forgive my ignorance.

I have setup the OPC-server for Codesys 2.3 and got it running with several clients (Matrikon, Softing, SST). However I would like to do a better user interface and datacollecting in Excel.

Several hours of googleing and I'm still not closer to my goal, so I humbly come to you...

I have tried Matrikons Excel Reporter, which put an add-on into Excel. This worked so far as to I was able to write to the items/variables, but not to read.
And also, this is a licensed software and for my application that's not an option.

I tried what spfeif wrote here, but the formula was not accepted by Excel. The basic formula as I enterpret it is "=(*name of installed program?*) | 'pathway to my program'!(*item search path*)
in my case when i try to access a global variable it should look like =CoDeSys|'C:\test\BL20_OPC.pro'!PLC_PRG.Test_OPC
These are the errors i get;
"Remote data not availible, another program has to start to access the data" (or something like it, translated from my native language)
"do you want to start the program CODESYS.EXE?"
[Yes][NO] (yes)
"CODESYS.EXE cannot be run. The program or its components are damaged or missing"

I have tried to change the path to the Codesys.exe (c:\programs.... \codesys.exe) but to no avail.

I'm using Excel 2010 (if that matters) on a Win7 OS computer.

Please let there be someone who knows how to do this....

Thanks, br Christoffer

EDIT:
I got it working with a VB-script in Excel!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:22 pm 

since i will start soon with this isue and really dont want to discover the weel again in excel.
would u be so kind to shre the vb snippet it would help a lot when i start

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:01 pm 

I'm running windows 7 with v2.3 and had the same problems. I still can't pull in variables from the DDE Server but I got it to work through Codesys. I took PLC_PRG off of my variable and it started working. =CoDeSys|'N:\Machine List, Standards & Controls\Paint Line\PLC\CoDeSys\Programs\Powder Line Test\Powder Line TestV2.pro'!Variable. See if this works for you guys. I would like to get this working through the DDE Server but I haven't had any luck so far. Just make sure you are logged in to your program through CoDeSys.