Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Communication Protocol

tstevic
2019-08-15
2019-08-21
  • tstevic - 2019-08-15

I have been tasked to develop a test engine that will be run on a completed product. This test engine will mimic commands that set, force, and read specific values in the PLC (Lenze). The functionally I need is available when the programming software is online with the PLC, within the 'Debug' menu.

Does anyone know if the communication protocol is published anywhere? I would really like to do this without having to reverse engineer the the communications with a packet sniffer.

• mkeller - 2019-08-21

Hi Thomas.

tstevic hat geschrieben:
    I have been tasked to develop a test engine that will be run on a completed product. This test engine will mimic commands that set, force, and read specific values in the PLC (Lenze). The functionally I need is available when the programming software is online with the PLC, within the 'Debug' menu.

An other possibility would be to use Scripting to create your tests and run them through the CODESYS IDE.

Look at the example "Reading of variable" at Scripts to Access CODESYS Functionalities. There is also an sub-forum where you can find examples and ask questions.

BR
    Martin

• tstevic - 2019-08-21

Thank you for the answers. I attempted to install and try the Test Manager, however, it appears that Lenze version of the programming software does not coexist with Test Manager on the same computer. I will most definitely review the scripting option.