Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Codesys and CANopen manager sensors with same NodeID

Anonymous
2019-06-25
2019-10-08
  • Anonymous - 2019-06-25

Originally created by: palej

If I have Codesys project with CANopen manager and I add a CANopen slave node to the CAN with node id 19, the system is clear to me.

But if I add two sensors (they are identical) devices with same factory preset nodeid 19, how do I change the nodeID of either of them?

I do not have any idea. Devices support LSS-service (but I dont have idea how to implement nodeid change with or without it).

Should I code it or should the canopen manager change the nodeid somehow. Now I have set the new node id with SDO (there are manufacturer set parameter to bet set so it changes the nodeid), but doesn't it change both sensor nodes if they are on the same CAN.

Any ideas are welcome.

Of course I could change it by adding first device to the CANand change it and after that I could add the second one to the CAN bus. But I want to change the dynamically when both are in the CAN bus same time so it should be same situation as in future production line.

• Wiljan - 2019-06-26

Do you have a link to the manual for the sensors?

• Maximilian-K - 2019-08-23

Were you able to figure this out? The easiest way to do this would be to connect one node at a time to a network and use LSS to set the node IDs. You can send messages over CAN with some sort of USB to CAN tool such as a PCAN-USB adapter and the PCAN-View software. If you need guidance using LSS to configure the Node ID let me know, it is pretty simple once you do it once.

-Max

• Kalyani-K - 2019-09-03

Maximilian_K hat geschrieben:
    Were you able to figure this out? The easiest way to do this would be to connect one node at a time to a network and use LSS to set the node IDs. You can send messages over CAN with some sort of USB to CAN tool such as a PCAN-USB adapter and the PCAN-View software. If you need guidance using LSS to configure the Node ID let me know, it is pretty simple once you do it once.
    -Max

Hi! I would like to know LSS better. Can you throw some light please?
    Thanks in advance!