Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CAA File library

tvm
2019-06-20
2019-11-30
  • tvm - 2019-06-20

Using the CAA File library, version 3.5.3.0. The DirCreate function block has an input "xParent", which is supposed to create absent sub directories if they don't exist yet. This input does not work in Schneider SoMachine 4.3.
    Where would I find information about the CAA File library? Who maintains it? Is there a newer version of the library that is available? Release notes?
    thanks
    Tim

• e.kislov - 2019-06-20

xParent behavior was fixed in version 3.5.7.3

• tvm - 2019-06-28

thanks, where do you find this information?

• e.kislov - 2019-06-28

tvm hat geschrieben:
    thanks, where do you find this information?

From CODESYS bugtracker.

• tvm - 2019-07-03

is that publicly available information?

• e.kislov - 2019-07-03

No, only for device manufacturers and etc.
    By the way, it seems as reasonable suggestion for 3S to public release notes (export from JIRA) and features & improvements in CODESYS Store on tab All versions:
    https://store.codesys.com/codesys.html#All%20versions m

• tvm - 2019-11-30

I am now using version 3.5.13.0 of the CAA File library, but I seem to be having the same issue (or maybe a different one) with using the DirCreate function block

When trying to create a directory, I get ERROR_UNKNOWN (5110), if the directory already exists. I guess I would expect EXIST (5105). This seems to be happening with the xParent option both true and false.

There's not a lot of documentation for this library. Are there any other things I should be considering?

thanks

Tim

• e.kislov - 2019-11-30

tvm hat geschrieben:
    I am now using version 3.5.13.0 of the CAA File library, but I seem to be having the same issue (or maybe a different one) with using the DirCreate function block
    When trying to create a directory, I get ERROR_UNKNOWN (5110), if the directory already exists. I guess I would expect EXIST (5105). This seems to be happening with the xParent option both true and false.
    There's not a lot of documentation for this library. Are there any other things I should be considering?
    thanks
    Tim

I use CAA File 3.5.15.0 with CODESYS Control Win V3.

I test your case, and DirCreate return error EXIST (with any value for xParent).

So I think it was fixed or it's OS-dependent bug (maybe you test it on Linux...).