Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How to recover from runtime exception?

Anonymous
2019-06-18
2019-07-04
  • Anonymous - 2019-06-18

Originally created by: rickj

I have a project which as been dormant since SP11. Some compiler things have changed since then and now the project crashes when attempting to run with WinV3x64 runtime. I need to find and fix the problems; fair enough.

I need help resetting the runtime. Currently when the error occurs the runtime hangs up. It goes off-line and will not startup as it seems to be attempting to run the problematic code. The IDE doesn't want to communicate with it when it's offline, so I am unable to download a new program. Restarting the PC doesn't work. Out of desperation did a reinstall which worked but there must be an easier way of clearing the faulty program and resetting the runtime? Can anyone give a clue? Thanks.

• RoryLDM - 2019-07-04

I have found that if a trend file becomes corrupted or something like a reset happens while it's saving to that file the trend file will prevent codesys from running. While wiping and reinstalling everything will work it's much easier to shut down the PLC software, delete the file and replace it with an empty one I keep on hand for this purpose.

You could probably do something similar where you shut down the software and then manually delete the program through your remote access preference.

I'm sorry I don't have better advice.