Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

EtherCAT_Master - SDO timeout

kurvanov
2019-06-06
2019-06-07
  • kurvanov - 2019-06-06

Dear forum members,

I had my raspberry Pi communicating with a Hilscher Netx500 over Ethercat. It worked like a charm for years with several Codesys version up to 3.5.12.30
    Today, I updated both Codesys engineering tool to 3.5SP14 and Raspberry firmware to 3.5.14.20

Now, when starting the Ethercat communication I got error messages like:

SDO timeout Address: 1001 Index: 16#1A02 SubIndex: 0 Data: 16#00 Result: 16#00

I assume there is a problem with slave initialisation at bus startup. I also found out a list of Ethercat Standar AL Status code. In this list, error code 16#00 means 'No Error'.
    I'm not sure this list apply to the reported error.
    Thus, I'm stuck and can't make my device work again.

Is there somewhere a parameter to adjust timeout delay ?

I'm attaching the full device log

Any help on that matter will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

Codesys SDO timeout.zip [5.71 KiB]

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-06-06

Hi,
    think this wil be solved with the 3.5SP15 version.
    This is more or less a bug in the slave which will then be workarounded by a change in the master.
    BR
    Edwin

• kurvanov - 2019-06-07

Good morning

Thank you for this feedback.
    I do not exclude a bug in the slave. Could you give some details about the origin of the bug you suspect in the slave.
    Thus, we would also take the opportunity to fix this on the slave side.

Thank you for your help

Best regards.
    Kurvanov

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-06-07

Hi,
    With 3.5SP14 a change was made to set only the FMMU for the mailbox status bit when going from init to preop.
    The normal input and output FMMU are not needed at this point. Some devices do not work with this procedure. The mailbox status flags is always 0 and the working counter is not increased. Only if all FMMUs are set the status bit is transmitted.
    In our opinion it is an error in the slave firmware but in the master a workaround is possible and n ow implmented to the 3.5Sp15 release.
    BR
    Edwin