Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Change to home screen visu after logout

2019-04-12
2019-04-16
  • ninanderson - 2019-04-12

Hello,

I would like my client visualizations to change back to the home screen after an automatic timed logout occurs.

I set the box for 'Change to start-visualization when logout' in the visualization manager but nothing happens.

I can easily change the screens from a system logout button using 'VisuElems.g_VisuManager.SetMainVisu(pClientData, 'Home');' but not from the timed inactivity auto logout.

Any help appreciated!

• Dave-76 - 2019-04-13

don't move the mouse while waiting for the logout, because every event at the visu resets the logout timer. Maybe that is your problem? Attached a project where at Visu1 the remaining logout time is shown. So you have the possibility, to check whats happening to the timer.
    Login with User: Admin Password: Admin
    You can set a rectangle text variable to: VisuElems.CurrentRemainingAutoLogoutTime
    and the text to: RemainingLogOutTime: %t[mm:ss]

LogoutVisuChange.projectarchive [144.02 KiB]

• ninanderson - 2019-04-16

Thanks Dave,

Your example works perfectly but I still can get mine to behave.

I added the timeout countdown and I can see it tick away to zero and it automatically logs off the user, but the screen doesn't change. Also as soon as the user is logged out the countdown time resets to what seems like a random time and starts again.

I think that something in my application is causing trouble. I'll build a bare bones system tomorrow and start experimenting.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• Dave-76 - 2019-04-16

I have had the last days the problem, that some elements weren't shown, after updating from SP11 to SP13. In the release notes I found the hint, that the user management was improved and has to be updated or created new in SP's >12. I had added some new user groups and users and not pressed the actualize button. That was the reason in my case for the trouble in an older project.
    Good luck!

IMG: UpdateVisualization.JPG