Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Update Codesys Development enviroment

2019-03-29
2019-03-31
  • hence.persson - 2019-03-29

What is the recommended way to update the Codesys Development enviroment?
    If I just install a new version i get several versions on my computer.

So should I uninstall the old one first or is there another way?

• hence.persson - 2019-03-29

Yes. So if I install in the same directory I have only one Gateway and CODESYS Control Win V3 (The latest).

But what if I install in separate directorys and want only the latest Gateway and Control Win do I have to uninstall these packages from the old installation? I am thinking that it slows up the computer if I have several of these in my taskbar.

Is there a need to have a old version installed or does the development enviroment work just as the old if i install old libraries and choose to Fix the compiler version to the old one for the old projects?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-03-31

you have only one gateway and one Control Win in the tasktray and only one service is running - only the last installed works as service
    you do not need to have old version installed - all libs are in the same repository ( no mather which version you use)

BR
    Edwin