Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

[SOLVED] Safety EL6900 - SELC0012 Invalid number of connections[

kurvanov
2019-03-20
2019-03-21
  • kurvanov - 2019-03-20

Dear members,

I'm using Beckhoff EL6900 Safety module for the first time.
    I followed the codesys youtube video for setting up a basic project.
    In my hardware configuration , I only have EL6900 module (no EL1904, no EL2904)
    I have inserted logical devices (Exchange 8bits from PLC - Exchange 8bits to PLC) / logical exchange GVL for basic data exchange between the 'normal' PLc and the 'Safe' PLC of my project.

In my SafetyApp, I have added one single POU(Ethercat Safety). In this POU, I have added one single FB (FB_TON)
    As input parameter of the FB_TON POU, I'im using one variable from my logical I/Os 'Exchange 8 bits from PLC'
    As output parameter of the FB_TON POU, I'im using one variable from my logical I/Os 'Exchange 8 bits toPLC'

When trying to build my SafetyApp, I get the error message : SELC0012 Invalid number of connections

I found a description of this error in the Codesys Online Help but I don't understand what this means

What is a FSOE-TwinSAFE SC connection ?

I would appreciate any help on that matter.

Kurvanov

• kurvanov - 2019-03-21

I find out my error.
    The input of a SAFE FB_TON must be a SAFEBOOL.
    Thus, a variable from a logical I/O exchange 8 bits from PLC cannot be use as input parameter of a SAFE.

Nevertheless, the generated error message is not really meaningsfull.