Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Using your own library download server

MortenL
2019-03-06
2019-03-07
  • MortenL - 2019-03-06

Hello

I'm trying to set up a download server for my own libraries.
    I've added it in the options under 'library download'
    I've created a pathing system similar to the one seen in C:\ProgramData\CODESYS\Managed Libraries
    I've added index files to the root path and all subdirectories containing info on directories and files. (as shown in https://store.codesys.com/CODESYSLibs/index)
    My problem is that it does not detect new versions of a library.
    In project enviroment -> Library version it says All libraries are up to date, there's also a checkmark in 'Check for updates when loading this project'

If I go to the library repository and uninstall the library, I can click 'download missing libraries' and it will download the latest version of the library without any problems, I just can't get it to detect that a new library has been uploaded to the server.
    For example:

Installed library: 1.0.0.3
    Latest library on server: 1.0.0.4
    No new libraries detected
    Uninstall 1.0.0.3 from Library repository
    Click download missing libraries
    1.0.0.4 is downloaded and installed correctly.
    I am using .library files if it's of any significance.

Anything I'm missing here?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-03-06

Hi,
    I would try the following steps:
    -use compiled libraries
    and if you have own devices too,
    add the devices too for downloding missing devices

BR
    Edwin

• alwoso - 2019-03-06

Hi MortenL,

if I understand you correctly, you want a mechanism, that automatically searches for newer version of a library, than the one that is in your project. If so, I think you have no chance - even the CODESYS libraries are not updated automatically.

To use the "Download missing library" mechanism, the library that is in your project, may not be installed in the repository. So, the only way to enforce a download of a library is, to remove it from the repository.

At least this is what I know

Best regards

Alfred

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-03-06

this 'download missing libs button', does only occure if there is a library used in your project which is not installed on your system.
    (So this is not a feature to check if new libraries in general exists on the lib server)