Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Can bus issue

KMor77
2019-03-05
2019-03-08
  • KMor77 - 2019-03-05

Hello,

I just started programming with CodeSys. Setup is an Exor etop513 and a Seneca ZC-24DI digital input module. I copied all can settings from a project that I know is reading the bus ok. I have a switch setup into input 9 where I want to latch the off - on transition. The switch is mapped into the PDO as Switch_Input1.

Here's the program:

PROGRAM Main
    VAR
    Enable_view: BOOL := FALSE;
    Switch_on: BOOL := FALSE;
    Switch_Count: INT := 0;
    Switch_on_L: BOOL := 0;
    END_VAR

Switch_on := Switch_Input1;
    IF Switch_on = TRUE AND Switch_on_L = FALSE THEN
    Switch_Count := Switch_Count + 1;
    END_IF
    Switch_on_L := Switch_on;

In Debug mode the switch is read correctly only once and then never changes. If I do a "Reset Warm" then the switch will be read correctly once again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• dFx

dFx - 2019-03-06

Is your IO value (Switch_Input1) refreshed correctly ?

• alwoso - 2019-03-06

Hi KMor77,

in your code you have the IF-clause

Zitat:
    IF Switch_on = TRUE AND Switch_on_L = FALSE THEN

As the variables are defined as BOOL, you can say

IF Switch_on AND NOT Switch_on_L THEN

this will work too. But in general, your code looks ok. As dFx mentioned, the question is if your hardware comes in correctly. How is Switch_Input_1 refreshed on the bus? In the device-manager, on the Can-device Tab I/O Mapping you find a field "BusCycleOptions". Try here to select the task in which your program code is running.

Good luck
    Alfred

IMG: bild1.png

• KMor77 - 2019-03-06

Thanks for the response,

I've tried using Main Task and Parent bus cycle setting but neither worked.

The value is refreshed only once at the start of the program only.

I was under the impression that the bus continuously cycles and updates the I/O values according to the cycle period set in the manager.

Could it be a debugger problem?

• alwoso - 2019-03-07

That's strange

If you look in online status on the devices CANOpen I/O mapping, what happens with the Input Switch_input_1 when switching ON and OFF?

If nothing happens, try to remove your mapping variable and look if the status then is refreshed correctly...

Another stupid question: The code is called cyclical, not blocked by any condition?

Good luck

Alfred

IMG: bild2.png

IMG: bild3.png

• KMor77 - 2019-03-07

Thanks Alfred,

I'll try that today and let you know what happens.

When you ask if the code is called cyclical that raises a question - My code is the main program and not called from anywhere. I thought the PLC just loops through the code Continuously.

• alwoso - 2019-03-07

Okay, that might be the problem!

In your project, you should see a "Task configuration". Double click the Task below that and you should get a window like this:

If the MAIN is not in the task, add it with drag and drop or by clicking "Add Call".
    If you don't see a Task configuration below the application, you need to add one by right-clicking on Application and select "add object" and then "Task configuration".

Codesys is a task-based system. If you want your MAIN program to be called cyclical, you have to place it in a cyclic task. That's different to a PLC like Siemens, where you have an OB1, that is called by the system all the time.

Hope that helps... Good luck!

Alfred

IMG: bild4.png

IMG: bild5.png

• KMor77 - 2019-03-07

Thanks - Yes I have all of that set up already so I thought the Main task would cycle every Interval Time (100ms in this case) - There's something subtle I'm missing but I won't get back to try anything until this afternoon.

• hence.persson - 2019-03-07

Maybe the IO needs a sync signal to update the IOs and the CanOpen Master is not configured to send the sync telegram?

• KMor77 - 2019-03-08

I have the CANopen manager set to "Enable Sync Producing" with a cycle period of 50 ms. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to go to a lower level to read the PDOs and/or find a diagnostic tool for the bus.