Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Get Package GUID? How

MRubio
2019-02-28
2019-03-05
  • MRubio - 2019-02-28

How do you get the GUID of an installed package?

I'm ultimately trying to write a bash script or python script to get this information to automate the process and uninstalling the package using PackageManagerCLI.exe

thank you

• r.evbatyrov - 2019-02-28

Hi MRubio,

I'm afraid, this tool does not provide "Get-Package-Info" functionality.
    You can try to analyse to PackageDB SQLite database, see PACKAGE_INSTALLATIONS table, field 'cached_id'.
    Alternatively (that is however less reliable) check the entries in the FileStorage folder (this is a part of DB) which named in curly braces; they are essentially zipped package files and contain manifest file.

Regards,
    Roman

• MRubio - 2019-03-05

Thank you for the reply, Digging around a little bit I found a file that being generated titled package.manifest.

This seems to be a XML document with some info related to the package and in there there was an item with the ID.

This turned out to work as the GUID I was looking for in my scripts.

I don't know if that is something we are generating on our end or CODESYS is generating but it works for me.