CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 pm 

I have finished translating the eFFL C++ Fuzzy Logic Library (https://github.com/zerokol/eFLL) into IEC 61131-3 (CODESYS) ST language. The project file is too large to attach here so I have provided a OneDrive link (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgeXD5P3kwJIg2tNBt0q05Y4lxuu) with the hope that any interested parties can download it.

The original C++ program was written in Spanish. During the translation process, a few liberties were taken in renaming some of the components and reorganized some of the code for (my) better understanding. You can find the original C++ code, commented out, at the bottom of each module. Note that the library is open-source.

It runs reasonably well, but the advanced example program has thrown an exception or two which I haven't resolved as yet. It looks like the statement "IF temp^.previous^.previous <> NULL THEN" in the FuzzyComposition.build() method (line 16) is allowing a call on the next line when the pointer is invalid. If someone knows how to verify a pointer before using it, I would appreciate knowing how it's done. Apparently, the __TRY/__CATCH exception handler isn't available on the simulation platform.

IF temp^.previous^.previous <> NULL THEN
// result = rebuild(zPoint, zPoint->next, temp->previous, temp->previous->previous); C++ original source
build := THIS^.rebuild(zPoint, zPoint^.next, temp^.previous, temp^.previous^.previous);
END_IF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:39 pm 

I don't know why it took me so long to notice. The problem was in the translation of course - i was calling the rebuild method incorrectly:

Incorrect call:
build := THIS^.rebuild(zPoint, zPoint^.next, temp^.previous, temp^.previous^.previous);

Correct call:
build := THIS^.rebuild(aSegmentBegin := zpoint, aSegmentEnd := zPoint^.next, bSegmentBegin := temp^.previous, bSegmentEnd := temp^.previous^.previous);

Since making this correction i haven't been able to generate any exceptions. Please find the revised file (Fuzzy_eFFL_011.project) in the same cloud location as above.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:00 pm 

Hi,

Maybe you are interested in using CODESYS FORGE platform to release your project on?
As I am myself an enthusiast (not related with codesys) I can really say it's an ideal platform for your work and future endeavors.
Hope to see you soon on https://forge.codesys.com/

Aliazzz