Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Wago PFC200 Startup/Boot Time

2019-01-05
2019-01-09
  • LouisPijpers - 2019-01-05

Hi There,

I have used in the past Schneider M251 codesys based PLCs and they have a pretty fast boot time of about 10 seconds.
    I am starting to use a Wago PFC200 now and the boot time for the same application (ported to e!cockpit) is over 60 seconds!

Has anyone found a way to reduce the startup time on PFC200-8202 controllers?

Cheers,

Louis.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-05

Hi,

I would recommend to check the plc logger…
    BR
    Edwin

• LouisPijpers - 2019-01-06

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I found the log and rebooted the PLC to capture a startup. Please see attached.

I'm not sure where the 'processor load exception' would be coming from but will search the forum to find more information. Would you mind looking at the log to see why it might be taking so long to start-up please? Is it all the services starting & activating licenses maybe. Traditional PLCs take no where near this long to boot so it's not all that great if it takes a minute to boot.

Regards,

Louis.

PLC LOG.xml [40.6 KiB]

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-07

Hi,
    not sure, but the runtime start
    8:39:18 to 8:39:59 … not sure this could be improved.
    Would recommend to ask the Wago support.

BR
    Edwin

• LouisPijpers - 2019-01-08

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for looking at it for me, yeah I have contacted them and heard back, they said that this is normal.. I would think this would be a major design concern for them!
    Anyway I'll try running stock codesys on it and see if it improves, if not I'll have to mitgrate to other/faster booting hardware.

Regards,

Louis.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-08

Hi Luis,
    if you check this with CODESYS,
    please let me know the result.

BR
    Edwin

• LouisPijpers - 2019-01-09

Hi Edwin,

Yes I have installed the codesys runtime on the PFC200.
    After porting code but not yet visualisations, the boot time is around 32 seconds which is much faster then the e!cockpit runtime and probably acceptable for our application.
    It would be good to know what the issue is, I have noticed too that the stock codesys software is much smoother to use than e!cockpit too - also ethernet scanning has not been implemented yet.. which we need for our application.

Regards,

Louis.