Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Modbus RTU Weirdness

RoryLDM
2018-12-19
2018-12-19
  • RoryLDM - 2018-12-19

Hi I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a bit of weirdness I'm seeing. I'll preface this by saying that I DO have experience with Modbus RTU. I use it to control Teco Westinghouse VFD's, Eaton VFD's, Davis Instrument weatherstations, and a few other odd bits here and there.

To start off with a new VFD brand I'm trying to just read from a single register. I'm trying to read from a Lenze brand AC Tech SMVector control VFD. According to the documentation drive register 19 should be the VFD Family which will return a value of 72. The drive register is offset by 1, so the modbus register I should be querying is register 20.

If I use my PC's Simply Modbus 8.1 modbus master software I can read register 20 and I get back a value of 72. If I use the PLC I get back a value of 0. Register 19 gives me 0, and register 18 gives me back a value of 150. Super confused because if I try to use register 18 on my PC I get back an error that it is an illegal data address, as it should be according to the documentation.

Wth is going on.

• dFx

dFx - 2018-12-19

read code 3/4 ?