Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Alarm Class "Notification Actions"

dougrilee
2018-11-06
2024-01-17
  • dougrilee - 2018-11-06

Has anyone used the Alarm Class : Notification actions to perform actions outside of the AlarmManager.library? I am trying to implement a buzzer control system which has different characteristics depending on the level of the alarm:

High
    Medium
    Low
    Info

The three options Variable, Execute and Call are available but the Variable option currently has a bug and is unusable (CDS-63099: Alarm Configuration, Alarm class: It is not possible to connect a variable). Does anyone know what capabilities this functionality may provide? I want to be able to increment and decrement counters, set BOOL for buzzer etc. Is this possible or is it intended for Alarm Manager library internal function calls?

Thank you,

Doug

IMG: AlarmCalls.jpg

• yannickasselin - 2022-04-05

When trying to call a fonction block instead, I get the error: "C0136: Ambiguous use of name '__ALM_ERROR_CALLNOTIFIABLE_1'

I must be missing something?

Ok, after restarting the IDE, everything works. It seems like even after deleting some previous calls, it was still showing old compiling errors.

I finally figured that I cannot achieve my goal by using the notifications.

What I want to do is to know when at least 1 alarm of a specific class is active. Is there an implicit variable that can tell that.

I tried doing this using the notification actions but it does not work. I was setting a variable to true when the error class gets activated and to false when the error class is deactivated. The problem is when I have more than 1 alarm of class error active, as soon as one of them gets deactivated, the variable is set to false even though there is still an active alarm in this error class.

There is probably a much easier way to do it but I cannot find it.

Would also be nice to be able to do the same thing with alarm groups.

Please help me.

Thank you

• yannickasselin - 2022-04-06

I found a way to do it using the "Alarm Manager Client" and looping through active alarms. I have to say there is not much documentation about the "Alarm Manager Client". I had to experiment with the examples available on Forge and Github. Would be nice to have clear documentation about this powerful tool.

Thanks.

• ileon94 - 2023-01-03

Hi Yannick, can you share more about how where you able to implement it?, i am trying to link some kind of variable that tells me that there is at least one active alarm in the alarm table but i cannot find documentation about it.

Thank you in advance!

• maxims - 2023-05-05

Last edit: maxims 2023-05-05