Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

XEON Server

Anonymous
2018-10-16
2018-10-17
  • Anonymous - 2018-10-16

Originally created by: rickj

Are any of the run-times, available in the store, compatible with XEON processors? I scored a Dell server a while ago and was thinking of using it for development.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-10-17

Hi rickj,

If you say CODESYS Store 'runtimes' you want to have only the plc side running on this XEON ?
    Do you need then CODESYS Development System too?

Sure Control Win and Linux SL are possible to tun on this XEON - even 'Multicore' is possible ( means you could specify in the CODESYS Development System in your application) what should run on which core.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: Multicore.png

• Anonymous - 2018-10-17

Originally created by: rickj

Hi Edwin,
    Thanks for your quick reply. I was asking about the runtime mostly but since you bring it up, does the dev system also run on XEON? I'm guessing probably not, but it's worth asking.

I don't have a need per se; I found a nice dell server in the dumpster and was thinking about what I could do with it . At least I can run the PLC on it.