Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Read PLC cycle time and change freewheeling sleep time

2018-10-10
2018-10-11
  • JeffreyThijssen - 2018-10-10

Hello,

I am looking for a way to read the last PLC cycle time in us. I tried the Cycle_Time from Oscat, unfortunately, this is not accurate enough for me. I need it in LTIME format. Any suggestions?

I am using SEW- PLC and CODESYS V3.5.9

@Update another questions.
    On a the Codesys Control V3 manual I read that:

Where can I find these settings and set my freewheeling task to (almost) no sleep? I need the freewheeling task to be as fast as possible. As told already I have a time critical application. I installed the cmpSchedule library but have no clue how to use it.

My goal with this is to get a freewheeling time below 1ms. When this is not possible I will choose for a cyclic task.

IMG: Cycle_time02.PNG

IMG: Cycle_time01.PNG

• dFx

dFx - 2018-10-10

Why would you need a cycle time in Β΅s ?

• JeffreyThijssen - 2018-10-10

Doing calculations of displacement, product tracking and measurement of product length on a high-speed conveyor. Long story short; I need it for accuracy.

• josepmariarams - 2018-10-11

Hi.

I don t know if it cold be usefull for you, but...

Have you try to work with mc_touchprobe. It works on drives and normaly works on us world.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk