Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Configure Local Codesys Gateway to connect to remote device

2018-10-03
2018-10-08
  • chris.harlow - 2018-10-03

I have installed the Codesys Linux runtime on a linux device. I can connect to and configure the linux box via its public IP and can start/stop the runtime from my local machine.

What I cannot figure out is how I configure the Codesys Gateway on my local machine to connect to the Linux box. Simply entering it's public IP in the pathway only scans my LAN for that IP, not the actual public IP of the linux box.

Is there a gateway service I can install on the linux box, and if not, is there a way to make my local gateway on my windows machine connect to the linux box via its public IP address?

• dFx

dFx - 2018-10-08

chris.harlow hat geschrieben:
    I can connect to and configure the linux box via its public IP and can start/stop the runtime from my local machine.
    […] how I configure the Codesys Gateway on my local machine to connect to the Linux box.

You manage to connect to your device from your computer but not from codesys ?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-10-08

Hi Chris,
    if you are using Linux SL (SL means single license from CODESYS store), the gateway component is embedded in the runtime.
    So the procedure is:
    Add new Gateway - give the IP of you Linux runtime - Switch to this new added Gateway and scan via this Gateway.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: AddGateway.png