Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CoDeSys v3 RTE x64 EtherCat master

cerminek
2018-09-27
2018-10-16
  • cerminek - 2018-09-27

Hi all,

I've found one problem with adding an EtherCat master to RTE x64. The task is created automaticaly, but it has no called PRG... CeDeSys EtherCat examples are not compatible when the Device is changed to RTE.
    When working with new standard project based od RTE x64 after adding an etherCat master it creates task but without call.. IoDrvxxx Library for EtherCat is already added in project. CoDeSys config on target Windows is OK, drivers on LAN are by 3S, etc... No PRG call is appended to EtherCat master task...

Everything looks OK but no EtherCat_Master.EtherCat_task is added... So what can be its cause?

Thx all..

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-09-28

Hi,
    this has been changed to the 3.5Sp12 release.
    Now all fieldbus master behave the same way:
    A Task is added and the call is done sure you do not see this call like it was before - it is now hidden.

BR
    Edwin

• cerminek - 2018-10-01

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    this has been changed to the 3.5Sp12 release.
    Now all fieldbus master behave the same way:
    A Task is added and the call is done sure you do not see this call like it was before - it is now hidden.
    BR
    Edwin

OK. That sounds good But now I can see the EtherCat is running but there is no data - online values are gray... It looks like it is not runninng. Should be there something?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-10-01

Hi,
    either map variables and use them in the Pou's
    or turn on 'always update 2' for testing purpose then the IO's will become 'black' and then they will be
    updated.
    BR
    Edwin

• cerminek - 2018-10-16

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    either map variables and use them in the Pou's
    or turn on 'always update 2' for testing purpose then the IO's will become 'black' and then they will be
    updated.
    BR
    Edwin

I do not know exactly what was changed at all but one of the changes is "Bus cycle task". I was changed to MainTask and now it works...

But I have found another strange issue. We have declared IOs like "In_X AT %I* : BOOL;" and when it is mapped to EtherCat slave it returns an error.

Also another one - GVL with IO, when it is opened online does not show actual values, only definitions like offline...

We do not want to map variables in absolute way but the %I* definiton do not work....

• cerminek - 2018-10-16

cerminek hat geschrieben:
    I do not know exactly what was changed at all but one of the changes is "Bus cycle task". I was changed to MainTask and now it works...
    But I have found another strange issue. We have declared IOs like "In_X AT %I : BOOL;" and when it is mapped to EtherCat slave it returns an error.
    Also another one - GVL with IO, when it is opened online does not show actual values, only definitions like offline...
    We do not want to map variables in absolute way but the %I
    definiton do not work....

Eh... solved.. The IO variables has to be declared only as BOOL without definiton... After that it works properly.... But I still do not know why... This was working properly in older verisons.