Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

SoMachine_Network between two PLC

2018-09-07
2018-09-28
  • Tobias.Bodin84 - 2018-09-07

Hello,

I'm trying to get some communication between two M241 to work and wonder if it's possible to use SoMachine network protocol to transfer data.

I'm connected via USB to the first M241 and can connect to the second PLC via SoMachine network on serial line 1. (RJ45)
    I have also got HMI to work via SoMachine network. But how do I transfer some variables PLC to PLC on the same line?

Any pointers are very welcome!

Regards
    Tobias

• johnlee - 2018-09-09

hi Tobias.Bodin84,

Network variable is work on the concept udp protocol, the schneider PLC if you using without network port then network variable will not be work.

Serial 1(RJ45) is not a network port. is just a serial port. Is just a serial port where using RJ45 connector.

The most simple for two plc communication is using modbus RTU.

Thank you
    John Lee

• dFx

dFx - 2018-09-28

If you have some spare IO, you may also do some multiplexed comunication. (depends on how much data you want to send/receive).

Had troubles with AB and B&R rtu drivers, and the fall back to multiplex was a win.