Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Using Wago 750-8202 and Wago 750-651 in CoDeSys V3

MortenL
2018-08-29
2018-09-14
  • MortenL - 2018-08-29

Hello

I'm trying to figure out how to use the WAGO 750-651 module for serial communication in Codesys.
    I am already using the onboard serial port and this works quite well.
    Judging by the contents of this thread:
    l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8418&start=15 l
    It seems that it is not possible to access the module as a COM port like in Codesys 2.3?
    Is this correct? Or could someone help me getting it to work properly?

Thanks

• johnlee - 2018-09-02

Hi MortenL,

If you asking for Codesys V2.3 where you are refer to the wago version codesys runtime. If i not mistake to use the com module on wago there is separately library you need to use.

you may straight ask the library file from wago directly, if you can't get the library file just let me know. i'm try get from singapore wago for u.

Thank you
    John Lee

• MortenL - 2018-09-14

Hi John Lee

I was asking how to do it in CoDeSys 3.5, not 2.3.
    Wago provides good examples and documentation for 2.3, but unfortunately not for 3.5

I did however manage to get it working.

It seems that the serial port isn't exposed in CoDeSys 3.5 as a port, but rather you have to use the control and status word along with the buffer to send data.
    I made small program in SFC to do exactly this, it will take a string and transfer 3 bytes at a time while manipulating the control word correctly.