Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

SP13 674bit freezing (not responding) in tab change

stefan.f
2018-07-27
2018-07-27
  • stefan.f - 2018-07-27

Hi all,

since I installed the new SP13 x64 the IDE is the most of the time in (not responding) mode (probably somehow related to right-click???!)

For example:
    - I create a new standard Project, select the Device, click on ok,
    - The project structure will be created in 20-30s,
    - right click on Application to create a new POU (Programm,ST), OK --> directly followed by a right-click on application again --> not responding for ca. 8s until the menu comes up. CPU load of Codesys increases up to 17% (440MB RAM), in idle 1,7%.
    and so on...

adding a EtherCat Master takes roughly 1 Minute...

It feels like all right-clicks on a new point (Device, Applikation, E/A mapping) are making some stuff in the background...

I compared it with the SP12.40. The CPU is going for the same procedure as before only up to 4% (RAM 440MB very similar), but right-click is working directly...

I'm using W10x64, i7-6820HQ @ 2,7Ghz, 16GB RAM.

Is there a setting for this? It's really annoying or I just use the SP12.4 until the next release...

Thanks,
    Stefan

• aliazzz

aliazzz - 2018-07-27

Probably something related with your OS / PC setup ?
    I run a virtual PC with CODESYS SP13 x64 & x86 in tandem which works like a charm.