Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Simulation Mode and 32 vs. 64 bit

bjh
2018-05-22
2018-05-23
  • bjh - 2018-05-22

Hello,

When I try to use simulation mode with a project that has the Symbol configuration object added I get the following Build errors:

------ Build started: Application: Device.Sim.Device.Application -------
                    typify code ...
    [ERROR]         symbolicvarsbase, 3.5.12.10 (system): VariableInformationImpl: C0094:  Interface of overridden method 'CurrentNestingDepth' of base 'IVariableInformationCombined' doesn't match declaration
    [ERROR]         symbolicvarsbase, 3.5.12.10 (system): VariableInformationImpl: C0094:  Interface of overridden method 'MonitoringOffset' of base 'IVariableInformationCombined' doesn't match declaration
    [ERROR]         symbolicvarsbase, 3.5.12.10 (system): VariableInformationImpl: C0094:  Interface of overridden method 'MonitoringSize' of base 'IVariableInformationCombined' doesn't match declaration
    [ERROR]         symbolicvarsbase, 3.5.12.10 (system): VariableInformationImpl: C0094:  Interface of overridden method 'Offset' of base 'IVariableInformationCombined' doesn't match declaration

This is only if my target is a 32 bit runtime. Changing the target runtime to 64 bit in the project resolves the issue for simulation mode but my real target is 32 bit.

Everything is version 3.5.12.30 and I am using the 64bit IDE. Is it bad practice to use the 64bit IDE for 32 bit runtimes?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-05-23

Hi,
    no it is good practice to use the 64BitCODESYS version....!
    BR
    Edwin