Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

SFC Init bug?

2018-04-05
2018-04-10
  • wpmccormick - 2018-04-05

I'm seeing an issue where the step entry action (as opposed to IEC action) is not executed for a step immediately entered after the init step. Other entry actions work as expected.

This has to be a bug.

• wpmccormick - 2018-04-05

The problem is that the IEC "N" Action on the Init step was executing and over-writing what happened in the entry action of the subsequent step.

Bug in my code I guess, but CODESYS actions can be confusing as all hell!

• somlioy - 2018-04-09

Agree that they can be quite confusing.

Another thing I noticed is that if you have a transition with a regular boolean variable and you reset this variable with IEC-action "R" in a later step you wont be able to get past that transition even tho the reset comes after the transistion.

• Anonymous - 2018-04-10

Originally created by: ph0010421

somlioy hat geschrieben:
    Another thing I noticed is that if you have a transition with a regular boolean variable and you reset this variable with IEC-action "R" in a later step you wont be able to get past that transition even tho the reset comes after the transistion.

The R and S action qualifiers are persistent; they keep RESETTING or SETTING when that step isn't active; it's standard SFC behaviour. A good reason to avoid them IMHO