Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Modbus loses Connection when Slave goes down and never reconnect

mikeardy
2018-01-29
2018-01-29
  • mikeardy - 2018-01-29

Hi.
    Following suggestion on l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8536 l I have been able to connect my PC running Codesys Win x64 and an Arduino Modbus Slave. Devices exchange data correctly. I faced a critical result when I tried to download a new firmware on Arduino (because Arduino stops to execute code and goes in programming mode) or disconnect and reconnect Ethernet cable: the partners did not establish again the data exchange loosing the link at logical level, I think. Is there a way to diagnose in a POU the Modbus status? A way to force a reconnection in case of error?
    Thanks.

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2018-01-29

Into the setting screen for the master, there is a checkbox called "auto-restart communication".
    If it is checked : After a communication error, CODESYS automatically confirms the error and attempts to continue executing the Modbus command.
    BR

• mikeardy - 2018-01-29

thank you