Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Reload Textlist

hclai77
2018-01-17
2020-06-04
  • hclai77 - 2018-01-17

Hi,
    I would like to edit the textlist file during runtime. am I able to reload and update the textlist during runtime? I am using 3.5.12.
    I found the following function:
    DynamicTextRegisterFile
    DynamicTextLoadDefaultTexts
    DynamicTextRegisterPath

Are there able to be used?

Thanks

• Thomas - 2018-01-18

You jsut need to run the function "DynamicTextLoadDefaultTexts()".

Regards

DynLoadTextList.project [132.32 KiB]

• hclai77 - 2018-01-22

Hi,
    Sorry if I expressed my question wrongly. I had a textlist but the user want to edit(Add/Remove) the textlist during runtime. Is that possible?

Thanks

Regards,
    Lai

• jeremyshubert - 2020-06-03

Same issue. The CmpDynamicText library has tools to set the text list to a file name and to update the text file. I guess we could point the text file to a csv, save to the csv file and then reload the text file from the csv. It seems bit convoluted and it also seems like basic functionality that should be considered for text files...am I missing something?

• kislov - 2020-06-04

Hi. Right now there is no possible to edit textlists from IEC-code with this library.
    I hope "set" functions will be added in next versions.
    Right now I edit textlists during runtime with iconv&sed utilities (i use PLC with Linux OS) and use SysProcess library (honestly, vendor-specific analog of this library) to call this utilities from IEC-code.

Last edit: kislov 2020-06-04