Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Problem when I use a shared library

webquinty
2018-01-02
2023-11-03
  • webquinty - 2018-01-02

Hello,

I am creating a library with a C implemented library, a shared library *.so, but I have some problems.
    Help file said:

Zitat:
    Input of a file that matches the Device and can be loaded by the operating system as a dynamic object, for example for Windows: .dll, for Linux: .so
    Please note: The file *.dll must contain the title of the library project in its name. Example: if the library project has name XYlib, then the Object File must be called: <name>_XYlib.dll</name>

My project name is smBus.library
    Shared library name is leikb_smBus.so

So, what is wrong???
    Any advice?

Thank you in advance.

IMG: codesys.png

• Anonymous - 2018-07-20

Originally created by: myemail for codesys

Hi,
    I know it is too late for a reply. But hope this will help other who had the same problem like you and me.
    The information we could get from the online help misled us.

1.In the screen shot, project name = ps2000
    2.Shared lib name = lib2000.so
    3.Title name in the project infomation =ps2000

"ps2000" here is just my lib, you can replace them to other but the three must be matched.
    After add the shared library, how to use it? I am still searching the way. If you can share it that will be great!

IMG: 2018

• tesla - 2021-05-14

Hi,
      I got the same trouble 3 year later!That means how terrible the online help is😁Could you pls share your solution that how you solved it,thank you in advance.

• nikunjmahajan5 - 2023-07-26

any body got this answer .. please share it

• helcioburd - 2023-11-03

[-img src=dll regex.png: missing =-]