Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

remote codesys programming: "communication error #0x1cc"

c.man
2017-12-20
2024-02-05
  • c.man - 2017-12-20

Hi,
    I'm programming Codesys with remote gateway (public IP address on WWW and 1217 port open on fritzbox router).
    I can to ping this ip address.
    No problem with "scan network" on Codesys: I see "green led" on my gateway and Codesys found Raspberry Pi.
    But, When I download new firmware on Raspberry Pi, I see this messagge error:
    "Communication error: #0x1cc"

Why ?

IMG: Bild

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-12-20

Hi,
    yes sure,

If you use the 'update tool' - the Debian package of the new version is copied via ssh to the Pi (this ssh Connection is independet from the CODESYS communication because we need it to deploy the runtime even if there is no CODESYS plc running on an fresh installed sd Image)
    after that it stops the runtime on the PI install the new Version and start the new runtime. (Gateway is a component of the plc runtime, therefore it stops too)
    This is independent from the CODESYS Login communication (as I told works by ssh) so if you are logged in by CODESYS while you execute the update,
    the communication to CODESYS will be interrupted because of the restart of the plc runtime.
    So a new scan of the runtime or Login even without scan by CODESYS will reconnect/establish the communication between the CODESYS development system and the plc runtime again.

Hope this Information understand what happens here.

BR
    Edwin

• cole - 2021-05-20

Hi Edwin,

I have the same error "Communication error: #0x1cc"
    I am using an Epec 6200 PLC, the same exact one I have used for years without trouble. I am not trying to use the update tool, just trying to login with download or login with online change, both fail. If I transfer the .app and .crc via FTP and restart the device, I am able to login and view live without issue.

I have tried stopping and starting gateway.
    Exiting the gateway.
    Closing and reopening CODESYS.
    Many restarts of PC, 6200 PLC, and the remote connection.

It also seems odd to me that my 6200 PLC stops CODESYS run during the "Generating code..." steps, I thought CODESYS went through those steps before stopping the PLC. It seems to result in the PLC being stopped for quite awhile and the error pops up while it's still in a "Generating code..." step. When I try to confirm if this is normal with a local connection it goes to fast to tell for sure.

Can you please help me with what other things can cause this error?

Thank you for any help

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2021-05-21

which version of CODESYS and which version is on the Epec device are involved.
    Maybe Epec support might be an option to ask too.

• sgronchi - 2021-05-21

Hi Cole,
    are you downloading through GatE?
    Because when Codesys application is stopped, also GatE connection is, and so you cut yourself out.

• cole - 2021-05-21

The issue was the PLC was connected to GatE via WiFi and it loses the connection to GatE when CODESYS runtime is stopped. This does not happen when connected via Ethernet. Hopefully the PLC could be updated to maintain this connection through WiFi as well someday soon.

• sgronchi - 2021-05-21

Yes, because it is Codesys application that controls GatE enabling.
    The same might happen if you connect to the Codesys Gateway directly via Wifi (even not via GatE, just using AP functionality), since AP functionality is controlled by Codesys application too. I never had enough time to play with WiFi of 6200, hence the "might"...

As long you have something "i_Enable"d from Codesys, this would cease to work when you stop the application, and that's not going to change.
    There are some workarounds, but they are totally unsupported (and they also imply some reverse engineering).

When you connect via Ethernet, you are connecting directly to Codesys Gateway on (IIRC) port 1217 regardless of GatE and whatever the application controls, and so you can stop the current application without problems.

For the time being, just use UpdatePacket (see Multitool help) or an hard overwrite of Application.{app,crc} and reboot.